11/20/09

Clarity of Motherhood


There is something about motherhood that has cleared up my world, my mind, my soul.
Just like when you're exhausted and without any conflict know exactly what you can't handle
In parenthood, you no longer waver in the realm of indecision or fear
Way back, as young childless teacher, I was often offended at being told I did not "understand"
"How could I not understand such elementary concepts" I gasped...I surely knew more, for I had the fancy degrees.....
These certificates carried my pride, disregarding parents, all these potential partners.
But now as a mother of two I need nothing more than my kids' love to survive.
Conflicting days melt away in the midst of their smiles
The love I feel for them fuels me with strength and fills me with purpose
The clarity comes from this love, a fearlessness and a sheer resolve to protect always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment at http://mommyactivist.blogspot.com/. I may respond to your comment individually or respond to various comments through one post. Please do not use this comment area for spam or to try to sell products unrelated to my blog.

Have to know how to fight

Do you know how to fight? If you care about your relationships dare to practice fighting.  It does not really matter what you fight over.......