6/10/10

Building collages......a family affair

So there are the two collages that came out of this week's art fever. I call them that because it strikes every once in a while and the urge will take a hold of me for a few days.....until it's satisfied. I had gotten this magazine that had a ton of building images in them. As some of you may know, I am obsessed with these square squeeze punchers from Fiskars. They come in all shapes but I gravitate towards the simple circle and squares of ll sizes.
Each of these is 12"x18" on 80lbs. paper.
I begin with pages from the magazine.
I cut them in strips....then use the punchers...
here is a close up....I can guarantee that IF you buy one....you too will be hooked.....
Here they are ready to glue
I have decided that in order to continue to live an artistic life of my dreams I will have to ALWAYS find some way to have my kids participate as well....so here is Luke making HIS OWN collage....
I just love the way these look.....the windows make me think of real windows and of perspectives....how we all look out of our own windows....and how very hard it is sometimes to see from another person's 'window'.
an another page.....
I will use the squares from that one to fill in the windows on some of my 'ladder' pieces.

A quarter done...
and more than halfway done...

Here is Luke's creation from that night....he said he enjoyed 'overlapping' the pieces.
My 'tools' ......okay...so it's a bit out of control....I don't even like lending these out.....that's how bad the obsession is....
Part of living in an apartment and having no real 'studio' is that you always have to clean up after yourself right away......
The next morning I still had a ton of building images......I woke up very early before work to get another one done....
Here is Luke....with a 'hat' he constructed himself...
This is Luke's collage from this morning....I explained to him that the viewer's eyes will want to look all over the paper and to think of what he can place on each part to make it interesting to the viewer....I love this one....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment at http://mommyactivist.blogspot.com/. I may respond to your comment individually or respond to various comments through one post. Please do not use this comment area for spam or to try to sell products unrelated to my blog.

Have to know how to fight

Do you know how to fight? If you care about your relationships dare to practice fighting.  It does not really matter what you fight over.......