7/31/10

All moms need ME time

With the kids going through this tough stage of sibling rivalry where they are constantly at each other's throat (figuratively) and requiring Chris or I to intervene and make peace, the one place and time I get a few minutes of peace is......(drum roll...) the shower!!!
To parents considering having a second child I think I should inform you the one BIG difference with a second child is drastically less time. You know how with your one child you have a set nap time where you know you will have some "me" time? Well, with a second child, they almost never sleep at the same time as the first child....so you do not get that time and when you do......oh, what a huge blessing it is......but do not plan on it.....you will just be sorely disappointed.
I love my kids more than anything. But I am a much better mom when I can get some "me" time in between the large amounts of "kid" times. Painting when they are asleep or watching great movies late into the night as I sip a glass of wine bring me back to myself. Try it. Or share with me how you take some time for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment at http://mommyactivist.blogspot.com/. I may respond to your comment individually or respond to various comments through one post. Please do not use this comment area for spam or to try to sell products unrelated to my blog.

Have to know how to fight

Do you know how to fight? If you care about your relationships dare to practice fighting.  It does not really matter what you fight over.......