6/15/12

Birth, a new beginning

                       Today was one of the hardest days of my life (Okay, maybe my two births were THE hardest. But this one will then be the third hardest day of my life). Not only was there and emotional part to carefully inventorying and packing up the art room art supplies for the next art teacher, but there was also the added task of trying to help others struggle with this transition while also going through transition struggles of my own. In my own family, my daughter has been having a harder time with this transition than my son. Thankfully, only one of them is struggling with the fact that I will not be teaching at their elementary anymore. My daughter cried all night last night about me not being her art teacher anymore and wanted me to address all her questions of how this would affect her little world. As a parent, we don't like to see our babies struggling; it was so hard to see her so upset. Then there are my students and their loving words, hugs and handmade cards just touched me so deeply. I am going to miss all of them so much it hurts. I feel myself quietly mourning all of what I am letting go with this change. A change I willingly chose but had no idea would be so painful and emotional. Smiling faces of my students, friends, colleagues and some of the families I have come to connect with these three years are swimming past my thoughts at this moment and I feel so much love from and for them all. I am so fortunate to have had so much love flow through this journey. Last, let's not forget the physical aspect of moving furniture and boxes around. This was no easy feat. I feel like a mac truck has run over me. I must have moved about 90 boxes into the hallway. 
                          I guess I could say that today was very much like a birth, very emotional and very physically taxing yet leading me to a new beginning. 
                          
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment at http://mommyactivist.blogspot.com/. I may respond to your comment individually or respond to various comments through one post. Please do not use this comment area for spam or to try to sell products unrelated to my blog.

Have to know how to fight

Do you know how to fight? If you care about your relationships dare to practice fighting.  It does not really matter what you fight over.......