1/24/09

Obama Reverses Bush abortion-funds Policy---What A Wonderful Surprise


          As a strong pro-choice advocate, I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised at this move; and on his second day!!!  I was under the belief that our new president was to the right of center and as happy as I was about his presidency, I had a lot of reservations about real change really happening. Maybe things are looking up after all.  I cannot wait to see what comes next. 
          I read a very interesting and informative blog piece about this issue on Beliefnet.com called Is Repealing the Anti-Abortion "Gag Rule" Actually a Pro-Life Position? by Steven Waldman, author of Founding Faith and Editor-In-Chief of Beliefnet.com. 

Here are some facts I found in this article:
1. The repeal will not fund abortions
2. The repeal will reduce number of abortions around the world
3. The repeal would prevent countless pregnancy-related deaths and illnesses worldwide.
4. The repeal would save the lives of countless children worldwide.
5. The repeal would fight the spread of HIV/AIDS and other STIs.
6. The repeal would restore a wide range of health services.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment at http://mommyactivist.blogspot.com/. I may respond to your comment individually or respond to various comments through one post. Please do not use this comment area for spam or to try to sell products unrelated to my blog.

Have to know how to fight

Do you know how to fight? If you care about your relationships dare to practice fighting.  It does not really matter what you fight over.......