3/21/09

Do you think LIFE should be patented....well, it already is....

OH!!! I am permanently scarred by what I just saw......I was watching a movie on my favorite channel, LinkTV, called the Future of Food.  Here is the description offered in LinkTV.com. 
Image from Current.com 

"Is there anything more important than knowing where our food comes from, and who controls what we eat? The documentary The Future of Food has the disturbing answers. Today's food chain is far more complicated than the traditional farmer to table model - it has become a vertically integrated industrial complex. And with government looking the other way, genetically modified seeds have found their way into our food supply. The time has come to take back our food.This Link TV special, hosted by celebrated environmental journalist Mark Hertsgaard, investigates the corporate dominance of our world's food systems. 
We are joined in the studio by the filmmaker of The Future of Food, Deborah Koons Garcia, as well as University of California biologist Ignacio Chapela, founder of The Mycological Facility in Oaxaca, Mexico, a facility dealing with questions of natural resources and indigenous rights.
Image from Junemoon.8m.net

Koons Garcia's documentary The Future of Food offers an in-depth investigation into the disturbing truth behind the unlabeled, patented, genetically engineered foods that have quietly filled U.S. grocery store shelves for the past decade.From the prairies of Saskatchewan, Canada to the fields of Oaxaca, Mexico, this film gives a voice to farmers whose lives and livelihoods have been negatively impacted by this new technology. The health implications, government policies and push towards globalization are all part of the reason why many people are alarmed by the introduction of genetically altered crops into our food supply. The film also explores alternatives to large-scale industrial agriculture, placing organic and sustainable agriculture as real solutions to the farm crisis today."

I will be reading more about this by ordering these two books below. Ordering them right now from my local library. 


An interview with with Michael Pollan about his book (Featured above).  Guys, I LOVE Bill Moyers.....I listen to him weekly on my Ipod. He asks very informative and direct questions.....been following him for years. 




(you can catch the other 3 parts on this blog called Rebellion




2 comments:

  1. Girl, i am with you on this genetically modified food stuff. Monsanto and cargill. and some of the others that are pure evil in my eyes. They have gotten so big and powerful. It will be hard to stop all their irreversible destruction. People should be outraged!!!I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still am puzzled about the possible merits of this food. I know that when I get a tomato and it is hard, taste like wet sour paper that something is wrong. Thanks for the insight. I will keep my eye open for these books. <3
    Btw, I'm just adding you to the sidebar so more people can find your interesting blog. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment at http://mommyactivist.blogspot.com/. I may respond to your comment individually or respond to various comments through one post. Please do not use this comment area for spam or to try to sell products unrelated to my blog.

Have to know how to fight

Do you know how to fight? If you care about your relationships dare to practice fighting.  It does not really matter what you fight over.......