4/22/09

Earth Day Resolutions


I have just finished watching Oprah and her Earth Day special and am deciding on the following manageable changes in my life:
* No more plastic bags while shopping.....
* Never buy bottled water.....EVER, EVER
* Get a water filter and a water bottle
* "Shop the periphery at the supermarket and stay out of the middle" (the stuff that does not rot). Food should be alive and eventually die. This tip if from Michael Pollan author of Omnivore's Dilemma. 
* NO fast food. 
* Donate all stuff I do not need to Lupus Foundation. (They come once a month to pick up stuff). 
* Sell/Donate kids' old toys. 
* Grow beans
* Make my lunch a waste-free lunch (use reusable bags, tupperware, etc) 
* Walk with strollers to do errands if 1 mile or less
* Do more recycled magazine art.  See my work at MiriamsArt.Etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment at http://mommyactivist.blogspot.com/. I may respond to your comment individually or respond to various comments through one post. Please do not use this comment area for spam or to try to sell products unrelated to my blog.

Have to know how to fight

Do you know how to fight? If you care about your relationships dare to practice fighting.  It does not really matter what you fight over.......