6/9/09

Found Your Lost Collar....


Nora reached for her battery-operated doggie toy from the bottom of her toy basket and on it was your long lost collar.....

It made the noise you made as you walked and oh it took me to you so fast......it was as if you were right behind me...

it smelled like you even

I ran my fingers over your faded name and address on the silver bone-shaped tag, the carved letters almost blending together with age. 

The kids, being so young, have gone on with their daily routines. Every once in a while looking back with a memory and speaking of you in the present term. 

Nugget, our parrot, yells your name in anger in Chris' exact voice and tone. That is how daddy sounded when you barked at the neighbor's dogs without mercy....it was your favorite social activity. 

I know this rawness will pass just as all other past pains I've experienced. but right now, I ache to hold you in my arms and smell your fur, even if it's for one more time. Grieving, I am learning, is getting all your five senses to readjust to not having a loved one around....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment at http://mommyactivist.blogspot.com/. I may respond to your comment individually or respond to various comments through one post. Please do not use this comment area for spam or to try to sell products unrelated to my blog.

Have to know how to fight

Do you know how to fight? If you care about your relationships dare to practice fighting.  It does not really matter what you fight over.......