9/7/10

Nora getting ready for a playdate (with a boy)

I was never one of those moms that dreamed of having a daughter wear cake dressed and pink bandannas. If anything, I intended to fully raise my daughter in my son's hand-me-downs and maybe at some point even photo shop the photos pink later....(kidding on that). But seriously, Never in a million years did I think I'd be dealing with so many cake-dresses, or pink everythings.

This morning, she had a play date with a friend's son and the minute she found out he was coming over she ran to get her "princess dress" and wanted her hair to be us. I am not at all worried or concerned. Instinctually, I know that the spirit of a child must be allowed to run free no matter where it leads. Ultimately all I can do is remind her every day that I think she is beautiful even without her 'princess dress" and list to her daily all the ways that she is special that have nothing to do with her looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment at http://mommyactivist.blogspot.com/. I may respond to your comment individually or respond to various comments through one post. Please do not use this comment area for spam or to try to sell products unrelated to my blog.

Have to know how to fight

Do you know how to fight? If you care about your relationships dare to practice fighting.  It does not really matter what you fight over.......