4/15/11

Tree Goddess, a self portrait

If I were to tell you this painting is a self portrait, where would your thoughts take you? I brought this painting into class and told my students this tree/woman painting I just finished was a self-portrait and asked them to interpret what that could mean to them. I was absolutely blown away by their responses. George Lucas, creator and mastermind of Star Wars recently expressed the importance of teaching children the different 'languages''; art and music being these languages. With this conversation with my kids I finally experienced what he meant.


To see this item in my online art store go to http:www//miriamsart.etsy.com.

The body, branches and roots are modeled tissue paper, painted over when dry.
The swirls you see are melted wax used to 'write' the lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment at http://mommyactivist.blogspot.com/. I may respond to your comment individually or respond to various comments through one post. Please do not use this comment area for spam or to try to sell products unrelated to my blog.

Have to know how to fight

Do you know how to fight? If you care about your relationships dare to practice fighting.  It does not really matter what you fight over.......