1/27/09

Before and After Work

           On the days I go to work (Tuesday and Wednesdays) I try my best to settle Nora before I leave. Luke is older and more independent, and beside, he is more attached to "dad" (my husband) than I. There is nothing worse for a mom or parent than to leave the kids crying on the way to work; I would rather she not are that I left than to see her crying for me.  Reminds me of how I use to do daycare before I had kids and I would shush the parents out the door and totally not fully understand why they had such a hard time leaving.  Now I know.  And it's not like I am leaving them in daycare even....they stay at home with dad.  My husband is wonderful at watching them, I never have to worry at all.....so it's just me having an illogically hard time departing. 
          After nursing her I laid her on her couch and she was very quiet.  Here is her picture.  I had to take it for she did not move for a long time. 
          Also, on days I go to work I try my best to do something creative with the kids when I get home.  Luke had come up with this idea of making a birthday cake for our parrot, Nugget. I agreed and we decided we would make an ice cream cake. We make a box of brownies, cut them up, defrosted 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream and mixed the two into a cake-shapped bowl.  When I got back from work, we all had a slice.  This is a picture of Nora taking control and drinking the last few drops of melted ice cream.  Both of them had a blast! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment at http://mommyactivist.blogspot.com/. I may respond to your comment individually or respond to various comments through one post. Please do not use this comment area for spam or to try to sell products unrelated to my blog.

Have to know how to fight

Do you know how to fight? If you care about your relationships dare to practice fighting.  It does not really matter what you fight over.......