2/1/09

Photographers Never Have Any Pictures of Themselves

This is me at all family events...
Yeap....I cut off my hair....I cut it myself...and no, I don't like it, I'm trying to grow it back. 

I have always been the one to photograph all family events. Even when the events have little to do with me, I rarely just sit there....I take pics always; hundreds of them. Behind the camera is where I feel most comfortable. But just the other day I panicked because there are so few pics of me, what would my kids have to remember me by?  I would want them to have good pictures of me. Now, I pretty much hate most pictures of me. It's not a self-esteem thing, I like pictures of me that have a mysterious touch to them. I want pictures of me, I might take of others.  As my daughter was playing in 3" of water in the tub, I decided to take some of her and some of me. In the past, I have always taken self-portrait photos and they have been incredibly therapeutic. Having had body issues all my life I find taking pictures of oneself one of THE most amazing experiences in self discovery and healing. Current pictures obviously vary drastically from pics I might have taken 10 years ago and I welcome all change. Some women grieve and ache for their past looks, yet, I feel embracing ones changing bodies and faces is a smooth transition into getting older.        
No, I don't like smiling in pictures. 
 I like my face a lot more now, for it reminds me of my daughter's. 
 Forgot to wear my earrings...happens in motherhood. I love my nose stud, thinking of getting a ring instead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment at http://mommyactivist.blogspot.com/. I may respond to your comment individually or respond to various comments through one post. Please do not use this comment area for spam or to try to sell products unrelated to my blog.

Have to know how to fight

Do you know how to fight? If you care about your relationships dare to practice fighting.  It does not really matter what you fight over.......