5/21/09

Great Buddhist Quotes Relevant to My life This Week


Pay no attention to the faults of others, 
things done or left undone by others. 
Consider only what by oneself is done or left undone
I have been a little too concerned about what other moms are doing right/wrong. There must be something in my own parenting I do not want to focus on.....will focus on my own family and stop judging people I know nothing about....a waste of time and energy and not very productive. 


One of his students asked Buddha, "Are you the messiah?"
"No", answered Buddha. 
"Then are you a healer?"
"No", Buddha replied. 
"Then are you a teacher?" the student persisted. 
"No, I am not a teacher."
"Then what are you?" asked the student, exasperated. 
"I am awake", Buddha replied.

The challenge of parenting comes in the struggle to stay present. Once you 
are not fighting being there you begin to reap the gifts of your true presence.
Like yesterday, at the park I noticed Nora trying hard to vary the ways she goes down
the slide. I would have missed it had I been focused elsewhere....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment at http://mommyactivist.blogspot.com/. I may respond to your comment individually or respond to various comments through one post. Please do not use this comment area for spam or to try to sell products unrelated to my blog.

Have to know how to fight

Do you know how to fight? If you care about your relationships dare to practice fighting.  It does not really matter what you fight over.......