6/16/09

A word on Fathers

Father's Day is here to spark some thoughts on dads.

I grew up without a father. 
After my parents divorced when I was eight I never saw him again. 
Whether his presence could have saved me lots of pain or not.....I will never know...

Now I have 2 little ones and I could not have chosen a better father for them. My husband is protective, caring, plays with them, teaches them, but most importantly he is self-reflective in his parenting and open to trying new ideas. 

I saw a show once about how we choose mates and it said that a lot of it is subconscious and instinctual....we are wired to automatically choose mates that are physically healthy, and emotionally stable and that those 2 things guarantee a physically and emotionally healthy child. The funny thing is that when I met my husband he had never even thought of being a father. It was not even in his plan. But it's true, I knew he was emotionally stable (more than me for sure) and physically healthy (let's not go there...LOL)....so somehow that translated to me thinking he was attractive.....

I'm glad I followed my instincts....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment at http://mommyactivist.blogspot.com/. I may respond to your comment individually or respond to various comments through one post. Please do not use this comment area for spam or to try to sell products unrelated to my blog.

Have to know how to fight

Do you know how to fight? If you care about your relationships dare to practice fighting.  It does not really matter what you fight over.......